Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise

The last few days have not had many exciting events.  That is a good thing I think.  We are getting into a routine.  The girls have settled into school, volleyball, and home life well.  They are both getting more comfortable with their classes and the American high school way of life.

They have also been introduced to the ATM, American Teenage Male.  Oh my!  The boys are coming out of the woodwork.  They both have gotten many requests on Facebook, notes passed by eager young lads, and girlfriends trying to hook them up with ‘cute boys!’  So far, my girls have not been interested.  WHEW!  I have no doubt that at some point, there will be a cute boy that catches their eye, but for right now, they have not taken the bait.
Today is Sunday.  We had planned on going to church this morning.  However, Yasmina is not feeling well.  She has the yuckies.  No fever, just not feeling up to par. 

Both of the girls are reading the book “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett.  Once they have gotten a good start on it, we will go see the movie.  I think it will help them to understand it better.   I read it last week.  It was really good and I hear the movie is great.

All is well here at The Peterman Family.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment