Saturday, April 28, 2012

Counting Down


I had a sad moment today.  I realized that on this day two months from now, Rodger and I will be home…alone.  Our girls will be leaving us soon and just the thought makes me want to cry. 

I do not know who all reads this blog, if it is just family and friends, or if there are other people out there in the blogosphere that have happened to wonder in.  But I want to announce it loud and clear to everyone:  Hosting a foreign exchange student has been an absolutely, positively, wonderful experience.   I do not know if it is because we happened to get two exceptional girls or if it is because the girls got such an exceptional family (just kidding) but I do know, we will do it again. 

To the families I would like to say you have raised astonishing daughters.  They are smart, funny, kind, friendly, honest, trustworthy, personable and brave.  They both have faced this challenge head on and have done so extraordinarily. Yes there have been times (few and far between) when they have been home sick, but they both overcame it quickly and came back from it better than before and ready and rearing to go.  You must be great parents to have raised them so well.  Kudos to you all!

Rodger and I will miss them terribly when they are gone but I know that we will keep in touch. I hope to dance at both of their weddings.  We love them dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment