Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Nanna

Today is Nanna’s birthday!  Sweet 16!  What a special time in her life.  Rodger and I feel so blessed to be able to spend this special day with her.  Unfortunately, she was sick today.  But every cloud has a silver lining.  Since she was not at school and she was home so she had more time to Skype with family back in Denmark!  Nanna also received several phone calls today from my family (all the Aunts, Grandmother & siblings.)  It was a happy day!

Last night after she went to bed, I decorated the house with blue and green balloons (her favorite colors,) put of lots of signs with birthday wishes and hung silver stars from the ceiling with 16 and Happy Birthday written on them.  I think she was really surprised this morning when she woke up! 




Yasmina made her a sign to wear to school that said “Today is my Birthday! Sweet 16!” She wore if for the two and a half hours that she was at school. One of her classes even sang Happy Birthday to her!

I told her she could pick any meal she wanted for dinner and she picked meatloaf!  It was pretty darn good if I do say so myself!  Nanna had told me several weeks ago that she wanted a Barbie cake for her big day.  I didn’t really commit to it, and just said we’ll see.  She was very surprised when I walked in with a big Barbie cake.  She didn’t think that I had remembered!  (As if I would forget!)



Make a wish!

All in all it was a good day and Little Nanna is 16!  Time goes by so fast.  It seems like just yesterday we brought her home!  LOL


Her first gift from her Mother & Father.
Clothes from home!

Jeans!  YEA! 

Candy!

From her Grandma & Grandpa

Booties!  Made by Grandma.  So soft and warm!  She loved them!

Button pins from all the states she has
or will visit while here in the USA.

Her dad picked this gift out himself. 
He is explaining how it is the "BEST" gift.  : )
The gift from Dad, a USMC sweatshirt. 
Did you really expect anything different from a Marine?

Last gift.

Earrings, necklace and ring in her birthstone.

Birthday cake!  YUMMY!!!!!

Happy Birthday Nanna! I hope this year you get all you wished for!

We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment