Monday, February 13, 2012

Making Valentine's

Today after softball practice the girls informed me that they wished to make Valentine’s for their friends.  The key words here are THEY & MAKE.  J  So after diner their dad took them to the 7 Day Store to buy some candy.  When they got home they asked me if I had anything that they could use to make Valentines.  For those of you who may not know me well, I was Martha Stewart before Martha was!  So we went searching in my craft room.  I came up with pretty pink and red paper, pretty pink and red cellophane bags that self sealed, ribbon, stamps and stamp pad in every color in the rainbow, scissors that have special edges on them so when you cut out heart shapes it looks pretty whole punches and markers.  They immediately got started and I left them to it. 


After about 30 minutes I went in and checked on them.  Lets just say...
they needed a little bit of help from Martha.  ; ) 



We ended up making 30 Valentines assembly line style.  It was fun! 


Made me realize how much I missed doing things like that with my children.  Needless to say, their homemade Valentines look fabulous! 

Can’t wait for Saint Patrick’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment